“Exciting News! Indians can travel visa-free to Thailand. This policy will start from 10 November 2023 until 10 May 2024”
Thailand is a beautiful country. It’s just 2 hours 30 Min away from India. Flight to Bangkok ( Capital Of Thailand) is easily available from major cities of India.
Do Indians Need a Visa for Thailand?
No, from November 2023 until May 2024, Indians can enter for tourism without a visa
What is a Thailand Tourist Visa?
A Thailand Tourist Visa is a stamp or document placed in your passport. It is needed to enter Thailand for tourism. It is issued by a Thai embassy in your country and stamped on your passport upon arrival at the airport in Thailand. A tourist visa can be extended while in Thailand if you want to stay longer.
What Is a Visa On Arrival In Thailand?
Visa On Arrival means you don’t need to do anything before you arrive in the country, once you reach the airport you need to fill a form showing the documents required. Pay the fee ( if applicable) and it’s done. Visa On arrival doesn’t mean it’s free all time, it clearly says that you don’t need to go to the embassy in your country or send documents to get a visa.
Visiting Thailand as Tourist
Visiting Thailand is easy. Many nationalities can visit the Land of Smiles without a visa under the Visa On Arrival rule or Visa Exemption scheme. These options allow visitors to stay for up to 30 or 45 days.
To receive a Visa on Arrival, a traveler must meet the following requirements:
- Visit Thailand strictly for tourism purposes.
- Hold a genuine passport with a valid expiry of more than 30 days.
- Be able to list a valid accommodation address in Thailand that can be verified. This address can be a hotel or an apartment.
- Must have a confirmed return ticket exiting Thailand within 15 days. Open tickets do not qualify. Traveling overland by train, bus, etc to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia (including en route to Singapore), Myanmar, etc is not accepted as proof of exiting Thailand.
- Pay a fee of 2,000 THB upon entry. This fee is subject to change without notice. It must be paid in cash and only Thai currency is accepted.
Length of Stay
The Thailand VOA is valid for a single entry and allows a stay off up to 15 days.
Required Documents For Thailand Visa
- Genuine passport valid for 30 days or more.
- One photo with the size of 4 x 6 cm taken within six months with white background.
- Provide a valid address in Thailand.
- Proof of a fully paid return air ticket.
- Completed Visa on Arrival Form https://www.immigration.go.th/
What Is The Validity Of A Visa On Arrival For Thailand?
The Thailand visa on arrival validity is a single entry and a stay of 15 days in Thailand. However, this visa does not allow you multiple entries, meaning once you leave Thailand on this visa, you must apply for another visa to enter the country again.
You must also note that you can’t apply for an extension for this visa.
Conclusion For Thailand Tourist Visa
Before traveling to Thailand, Indian citizens must gather and carry the above documents in a folder. Then, upon reaching Thailand, you must stand in the queue at the immigration counter to apply for a Visa On Arrival for Indians in Thailand.
- At the immigration desk, the immigration officer will ask you to present your passport and the required documents.
- Then, they will verify the documents and ask you a few questions about your travel. For example, questions such as Why are you visiting Thailand? Where will you stay, how long will you be in the country, or What will you be doing during your stay?
- You must answer all questions truthfully and, if possible, show additional documentation as proof of your visit to Thailand or to back up your answers. Once the Thai authorities are satisfied with your answers, they will stamp your passport with the visa and the entry stamp.
- Once your passport has the entry stamp with the visa, you can enter the country and enjoy your stay in Thailand. Also, remember that the immigration office has the right to refuse entry into the country. Such as if they suspect you of lying, you have a different purpose for a visit, or if you do not have all the documents, etc.